The Holiday season is upon us.
It’s officially time to start planning our celebrations!
The first question we have to answer is: Where will I host the party?
Catering & Event Partner Joy Walker shares her favorite venues for holiday celebrations and how to make your gathering extra special.
Ohio History Connection & The Ohio Village
The Ohio History Museum offers large, flexible event space and the valuable addition of included entertainment… Your event is literally surrounded by their uniquely curated galleries.
If you have a more intimate event, however, we recommend you take advantage of Columbus’s hidden gem: The Ohio Village, which has every bit of charm and warmth that you hope for in a holiday event space.
How to decorate? This “town square” transforms into a 19th century holiday celebration each year, complete with cozy event spaces already decorated for your celebration. All you need to bring are your guests!
What’s on the menu? In the Ohio Village’s American House Hotel, we suggest serving a comforting buffet.
- New Pomegranate-glazed short rib or our favorite Coq au vin chicken, braised in red wine with applewood smoked bacon and mushrooms
- Both options pair wonderfully with roasted heirloom carrots and buttermilk mashed potatoes.
- For an added treat: send guests to explore the Victorian Era village with a creative cupcake from Kittie’s Cakes.
Serendipity Lab Short North is a new, modern event space.
It’s open and flexible, but features natural lighting and soft seating that makes guests feel warm and welcome.
How to decorate? Serendipity is a blank slate so you can customize your own festive touches. This year, we are proud to offer décor packages in partnership with Oakland Interiorscapes — including everything you need for a beautiful event, from decorated trees to centerpieces and buffet décor.
For this space, we recommend the winter lodge tree and a combination of the following centerpieces: the winter village; Whoville tree trio; silver reindeer trio; and the metal tree duo. Ask your Event Partner to see the full décor package list!
What’s on the menu? The creative floor plans at Serendipity are perfect for a free-flowing cocktail celebration with holiday inspired hors d’oeuvres.
A few of our favorites:
- Bacon-wrapped fingerling potatoes served with apple horseradish sauce
- Chicken brussels sprout eggrolls served with sweet chili pomegranate sauce
- Our new winter harvest dip trio, which includes house made crackers and fresh vegetables and a selection of 3 dips: roasted beet & tahini dip; chipotle & butternut squash dip; and roasted garlic, herb & white bean.
Looking for an awesome space for your New Year’s Eve celebration? Serendipity still has dates available!
The Short North Location puts you right in the middle of the evening’s festivities. For pricing, connect with the Serendipity team at 614.362.6005.
There’s nothing more personal and welcoming than hosting guests at your own home.
We’re happy to create fun food stations around the home, or bring a chef to prepare an intimate, served inner fresh from your own kitchen.
How to decorate? Well… you probably already do! Share your family’s holiday traditions with your guests by showcasing your own holiday décor. Of course, we are always happy to customize holiday decorations for you. We work with talented local florists and specialty rental companies that will help design the perfect holiday themed dinner party and a spectacular buffet setup – like the photo above!
What’s on the menu? We suggest a progressive dinner when hosting at your home…
- Start with passed hors d’oeuvres like the mascarpone & apple bruschetta and the sweet potato tapas bite.
- Then, sit down and enjoy a served meal complete with a delicious soup course of our new celery root bisque with housemade croutons.
- For your entrée, choose from the beautiful agrodolce chicken or farro-stuffed roasted butternut squash.
- Finish the evening with an individual serving of banana fosters bread pudding.